Monday, November 10, 2008

Sturmabteilung

I know, what is "Sturmabteilung"? Well for that we need a little history lesson. It is an organization made up of citizens that had military ambitions. They helped a leader to power, and protected him at his political gatherings. Once in power, it carried out raids against people who were thought to be enemies of the state. It formed a youth organization in order to promote the ideas of the party. Ultimately it grew too strong and ambitious and it leaders were done away with because by that time there were other groups that could carry out the wished of the party, and most of the opposition had already been done away with. This symbol of the Sturmabteilung?

The man they protected? Helped put in power? Led the fight for his ideas?


Am I comparing our president-elect to this man? No. But am I pointing out parallels in what this man's "civilian security force" and what Mr. Obama's civilian security force could be? Yes. Remember that people are power hungry. All you have to look at is small community run organizations, and they people who run them. They think they are running the country, and make decisions, boss people around, and announce edicts as if they do. Most people are bossed around all day at a "real" job and want to take out that frustration. Can you imagine a group of people in this country (welfare recipients, felons, gay mafia, anti-Christians, anti-gun, environmentalist, ect.) directing a civilian security force? Of course, guns will have been banned by then, just like in Nazi Germany. My friends, these are real problems, real concerns, and things that have happened before in the world. But you would have never imagined it would happen here; until we became the Weimar Republic, and this was the answer:

In this time, I want you to remember the poem from Pastor Martin Niemoller:

"When the Nazis came for the communists,I remained silent;I was not a communist.
When they locked up the social democrats,I remained silent;I was not a social democrat.
When they came for the trade unionists,I did not speak out;I was not a trade unionist.
When they came for the Jews,I remained silent;I was not a Jew.
When they came for me,there was no one left to speak out."

Be careful when you say you want "change". Because the change has many definitions.

No comments: